Ich habe es leider bisher nicht geschafft alle Seite auf deutsch zu übersetzen.
Trotzdem liegen natürlich alle Programme auch in einer deutschen
Version mit deutscher Anleitung
vor - einfach die "German Version"
von der Seiten herunterladen.
V2.0 - the next generation of a Newton-classic
With i++ you can customize the menu shown when tapping
an "i-Button". Menu items can be included to open applications
or perform other "special actions". Those info buttons are present
in most Newton OS2.x applications, since it is a standard component of the
2.x user interface. So "your" special purpose menu will be reachable
in most situations without getting in your way when you do not need it.
In my opinion i++ is a "natural" extention of the Newton2.x
user interface using only standard user interface elements.
The following image shows how a customized i-menu might look like. Note
that it is the menu belonging to the "Connection" dialog. Of course
the additional items will also show up when tapping "i" in Notes,
Names, In/Out, Dates, ...
Additional features for the MP2x00 button bar
i++ optionally adds two different buttons to the MP2x00 button bar
- A small i-button that gives you access to the i++ menu independed
from the current application.
- A T(ask)-button that lets you quickly switch between all running
applications. You can even bring the backdrop to the front!
- There are also small packages included that can be draged to the button
bar to have one-tap access to frequently needed functions. The included
- Non-disturbing, user-interface compliant solution.
- Include menu items to open frequently used applications
without using "Extras".
- Additionally special actions can be included in the
- Recent Items lets you access the recently (with i++) used
- Specials opens a submenu with all special actions available
- For each folder in Extras (apart from "Extensions")
there is a possible menu item to open a list of all packages included in
- Default Store directly switches the default store
(as in the "Card" slip)
- System Info performs a garbage collection and tells
you about the state of the batteries, memory (heap, internal, card), ROM
version, date and time. Perfors a garbage collection, too.
- Rotate changes the screen orientation. With OS2.1
you can specify the two orientations to use.
- Rotate 180° turns the screen upside down (OS2.1 only)
- Backlight Control switches the backlight on and
- Sound on/off
- Record starts a new sound recording. After closing the dialog
the recorded sound will be added to the notepad (OS2.1 only)
- Keyboard opens the typewriter keyboard (there is a special
action for each built-in keyboard)
- Align Pen Opens the standard pen alignment dialog
- Sleep turns your Newton off (like using the power
- Reset reboots your Newton (like pressing "Reset"
in the battery compartment). Newton will ask you, if you really want to
- New Meeting opens "Dates" with the new
meeting slip open.
- Switch between already running applications.
- Recently opened packages (using i++) can be included at the
top of the i-menu
- Code sharing with WittyKeys and Backyard
saves memory space when using these apps.
- Extendable: Third party applications can add "special
actions" to i++. I.e. AddressAccess adds three
new (optional) items: "New person card", "New company card",
"Open built-in names".
- With i++ you can enable the hidden "freezing" feature
of the Extras drawer to save heap space when using a lot
- Frozen packages are activated on the fly and refrozen
after they are closed.
To find out what changed with the past updates read
the i++ versions history.
Price and Registration
i++ is shareware and cost US$15. The unregistered version has all features
of the registered one but the more you use it the more you will get "registration
reminders". There is no expiration date.
There are also two bundles
- For US$25 you can register i++, WittyKeys and
Backyard (saving US$20).
- If you already registered one of these packages and register another
one later you will receive the third code for free (saving US$15) automatically.
can be done by sending cash, using
CompuServe SWREG (ID 9401 or ID 16321 for the bundle) or Kagi (credit card,
The files are compressed and binhexed using StuffIt from Aladdin
. So you need their (free) StuffIt Expander which is available
for Mac and Windows. If you use a Windows-PC please make sure that
you have set the cross platform preference to NEVER.
Download English version (V2.00e)
Download German version (V2.00d)
Bei Fragen können Sie mich hier kontaktieren.