V2.00 / TL Lib V1
- i++ specials rewritten
- Specials have now icons for better readability.
- Extendable using the new SPI interface (shared with WittyKeys and
- All specials reside in a seperate module "TL Lib". This
library is shared with WittyKeys and Backyard to save memory space.
- Introduced categories to group items within the i-menu.
- New action: Sound on/off
- i++ now detects FreezeMan to work around a conflict caused by both
packages adding re-freezing code
- Option to disable the extended i-menus (for only using the button
- Option to include all currently open applications
- New T(ask)-button for MP2x00 button bar for quick switching
between open applications.
- Recently selected packages can be included in the i-menu (or
in a submenu - see below)
- Submenus have been introduced (as "special actions")
to access packages in Extras that hadn´t been included in the i-menu
- There is also a submenu to access all special actions provided by
- Two additional one-tap buttons for the MP2000 button bar:
- Sleep: To power down the MessagePad
- Keybd: Opens the typewriter keyboard (independen of the kind
of the current input field)
- New option to disable the dialog before resetting the Newton
- i++ now detects FreezeUtilities and NewtCase PackageManager1.1 to
make them work together without problems
- slowed down scrolling in the i++ main menu a little (scrolling in
"Specials" had been to fast when using an MP2k)
- Completely changed the way packages and books are handled internaly
- open applications will now move to top when selecting them
in the i-menu
- Froozen Newton books are now supported, too (thank you Ben!)
=> you need to reselect Newton Books when updating from older versions
- New special actions:
- Record (OS2.1 and microphone requiered)
- Rotate 180° (OS2.1 or better requiered)
- Align Pen
- Additional changes to adapt i++ to OS2.1
- improved setup for screen orientations
- improved selection of an orientation when none of the selected orientations
is the current one
- Default-Store shows multiple items when multiple stores are available
- New optional patch to include a small i button in the button
- new mini packages that provide buttons for the button bar
(light, record, rotate)
- Improved heap management of the i++ main menu
- Adapted i++ to make it work with OS2.1 and evaluation units
- There are two new special actions:
- checking and changing the default store.
- open dates for entering a new meeting.
Menus compatibility" is now turned on by default.
- "System Info" now displays the date and time, too.
- i++ now tries to find missing applications (i.e. after installing
a new version).
- I made some internal changes so there are less undocumented functions
- The unregistered version now reminds less frequently at the beginning
allowing trying i++ for a longer time without getting annoyed by the reminders
(I never thought that people use i++ hundreds of times within a few days).
- "ScrollMenus compatibility mode" introduced to fix that
- i++ optionally enables freezing
- Optionally i++ pops up a menu when tapping the lower half of the "Extras"
- Two new special actions:
- system info: info about batteries, memory
(heap,internal, card) and more
- backlight control (of course only available if
your Newton has backlighting)
- Arrows in the main menu now scroll by page
- Support for "Newton Register" (for using "Kagi Shareware"
- Fixed a small, stupid bug I noticed right after releasing V1.10 :-(
- Open frozen packages on the fly and freeze them after the app
- You can now include Newton books in your menu.
- Each list has scrollers of its own (with fast scrolling: tap and hold
and user feedback)
- Extendible architecture: API for other packages to add special
actions to i++ (like AddressAccess V1.50).
- Supports two registration codes for different owner names at the same
In case of any questions feel free to contact me.