AddressAccess supplies an easy and efficient interface
to the contacts stored in your Newton - no more using the slow overview
function to find a person's address or phone number. Note: AA is compatible
with built-in Names: you can switch from AA to Names and back anytime you
want without loosing data (of course AA´s additional features are only
available within AA)
AddressAccess has been improved quite a lot since back its initial release
in 1995. Please see the version history for the
complete list of improvements. BTW: If you still use Newton OS1.x then
please install AddressAccess V1.62.
- Sort your cards by first name, last name
- Direct access to the most recently used contacts
- Comfortable editor for easily changing or adding
cards with optional non-floating keyboard.
- Compatible: Uses the same data as the built-in card file (consequently
no conversions are necessary)
- Quick searching: only enter the first few characters
of a name you are looking for.
- Clear presentation of information: The card view displays the
data of a card grouped by meaning. I.e. if you are looking for the note
just tap the "note tab" and there it is - no more scrolling/searching
in the "All Info" view. Of course AddressAccess has a compact
All-Info display as well.
- Easily convert contacts from company to person or vice versa
- Optimized for NOS2.x
- Address is formatted according to the country.
- Designed to minimize the number of taps needed:
- Direct dialling of phone numbers without any further
dialogs (after a configurable or no delay).
- Direct beaming of cards.
- Direct beaming of your card (owner info is used).
- Open the editor with one tap and switch modes by only one more.
- Switch sorting order by a single tap.
- And a lot of user-configurable options:
- Redefine names button to open AddressAccess.
- Select one of five different on-screen keyboards.
- Customize the card view.
- Together with "i++" V2.00
- Create a new card directly from the "i" button
- Open the built-in names (usefull if AddressAccess redefines the
If you are looking for even more features like card-linking
, DateMan/MoreInfo/ActionNames integration
please check out the enhanced version
AddressAccess: AA Pro
Price and Registration
AddressAccess is shareware and cost US$25
. The unregistered version
has all features (except that it can't be used as backdrop) of the registered
one but the more you use it the more you will get "registration reminders".
There is no expiration date.
For US$10 you can upgrade anytime to AA
can be done by sending cash or
online using Kagi (credit card, US checks,...).
The files are compressed and binhexed using StuffIt from Aladdin
. So you need their (free) StuffIt Expander which is available
for Mac and Windows. If you use a Windows-PC please check that you
have set the cross platform preference to NEVER.
Remember: If you have Newton OS1.x then you need to install AddressAccess
Download English AA Classic V2.20e
Download German AA Classic V2.20d
To download AddressAccess Pro please visit the AA
In case of any questions feel free to contact me.