AddressAccess V1.62 is the latest version of AddressAccess
to support Newton OS1.x. If you already use Newton OS2.x then using AddressAccess
V2 is strongly recommended.
AddressAccess V1.62 has the same basic concept as AddressAccess V2. Even
with Newton OS1.x AddressAccess really enables efficient working with the
Names file. And the best thing is that you are well prepared for upgrading
to Newton OS2 since
- it brings lots of fields introduced in the NOS 2.0 names file to Newton
OS1.x (i.e. multiple email addresses, custom fields, ... all stored in a
NOS2 compatible way)
- registration of AddressAccess V1.62 is valid for AddressAccess 2.0,
Since V1.50 AddressAccess also features a Comfortable
So you can now easily change/add multiple fields of
- Sort your cards by first name, last name
or company (or as marked on the cards).
- Comfortable editor for easily
changing or adding cards with optional non-floating keyboard.
- Quick searching: only enter the first few characters
of name you are looking for.
- Supports NOS1.x starting with NOS1.11.
- Free update to AddressAccess 2.0 when
- Use a lot of 2.0-names-fields (multiple addresses,
custom fields) even with 1.x systems (stored NOS2.0 compatible
- Address is formatted according to the country.
- Designed to minimize the number of taps needed:
- Direct dialling of phone numbers without any further
dialogs (after a configurable or no delay).
- Direct beaming of cards.
- Direct beaming of your card (NOS1.x: define it once).
- Open the editor with one tap and switch modes by only one more.
- Switch sorting order by a single tap.
- And a lot of user-configurable options:
- Redefine names button to open AddressAccess.
- Select one of five different on-screen keyboards.
- Customize the height of the special card view.
- Together with "TapNew" V1.20 or higher you can create a
new card directly from the notepad using the "New"
button of "TapNew".
Price and Registration
AddressAccess is shareware and cost US$25. The unregistered version has
all features of the registered one but the more you use it the more you
will get "registration reminders". There is no expiration date.
can be done by sending cash, using
CompuServe SWREG (ID 9876) or Kagi (credit card, US checks,...).
The files are compressed and binhexed using StuffIt from Aladdin
. So you need their (free) StuffIt Expander which is available
for Mac and Windows. If you use a Windows-PC please check that you
have set the cross platform preference to NEVER.
Remember: If you have Newton OS2.x then you need to install AddressAccess
2.0 or better.
Download English version V1.62e
Download German version V1.62d
In case of any questions feel free to contact me.